Clear Your Clutter Day 2016!
A BIG "Thank you!" to our Event Host Bethany United Methodist and to our Event Partners and Sponsors listed below.
Another BIG "Thank you!" to everyone who came by with your donations and drop-offs - we salute you for clearing your clutter!
Please support the wonderful businesses and non-profits who were at the event or helped make it possible by being sponsors.
This year's Clear Your Clutter Day was sunny and warm, for a change! We had 403 vehicles come through to drop off their clutter. We did so well that our event partner's trucks were full before 2:00 pm. Please plan to join us next year and arrive early to make sure our vendors have room on their trucks for your stuff.
Got stuff to donate or dispose of the rest of the year? Contact our fabulous event partners listed below, and our sponsors for other kinds of help!
Stay tuned for photos of our 2016 Clear Your Clutter Day!
Celebrate Get Organized Month in January
by clearing your clutter
with all of our fabulous event partners!
Saturday, January 30th, 2016, 10:00am - 2:00pm
10010 Anderson Mill Road, Austin, TX 78750
(Bethany United Methodist Church)
Come early! The trucks may get too full as the 2:00 closing time approaches!
The public is invited to drive by and drop off for Free
ONE CARLOAD PER HOUSEHOLD of:
- New this year! American Textile Recycling Service (ATRS) will accept any and all clothing (regardless of size), shoes (even singles), toys and household textiles like bedding, curtains, or towels. This includes new and gently used items as well as those with small imperfections like stains, tears or are outdated, worn or unwanted for any other reason. ATRS is your one-stop donation location for all unwanted textile items.
- New this year! Austin Diaper Bank will accept unused diapers for children or adults. New packages not necessary; they will accept partial packages too.
- New this year! BookSpring will accept new or gently used books. While they prefer children's books, they will accept other types of books as well.
- AGE of Central TX will accept mobility assistance devices for their Health Equipment Lending Program, including wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, shower chairs, etc.
- Balcones Shred will take your paper (up to five boxes) to be shredded ON SITE (no need to remove staples or clips).
- Dress For Success will accept professional interview-ready clothing in good condition, including suits, blouses, dresses, handbags and dress shoes
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore will accept home remodeling/repair items such as working appliances, plumbing and lighting fixtures, tile, flooring, bricks and clean lumber.
- M & K Recovery Group will take used and broken computer parts, components, and other electronics to be recycled in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Settlement Home will accept usable unwanted items including furniture, art, books, clothes, home decor and holiday decorations, sporting goods, kitchen items, and small working appliances.
- Square Cow Movers will take flattened moving boxes
- Austin Cleanup & Container will take the rest of your non-usable unwanted items (a/k/a junk), including mattresses!
Flammable, corrosive, toxic, poisonous, reactive, or explosive materials (including paint and batteries) CANNOT BE ACCEPTED at this event. Visit AustinTexas.gov Household Hazardous Waste Removal or Round Rock, TX Household Hazardous Waste Removal for information on approved donation locations for these items.
Clean, Decorate, Organize
Photos & Videos Organized and Digitized
For more information about sponsoring NAPO-Austin's Clear Your Clutter Day event, please contact:
Yvette Clay at yvette (at) livingorder.com
The purpose of Clear Your Clutter Day is to:
- Provide a valuable, FREE de-cluttering service to the greater Austin community
- Keep items out of the landfill whenever possible
- Inform the public about Professional Organizers and the services we provide in the Central Texas area
To find a professional organizer in your area, please click below
NAPO-Austin Find An Organizer